Sunday, October 13, 2013

First Star to the Right.

It's been raining.  It's nice.  I like the way it feels.  I love the way the world smells when it rains.  I like to sit outside and watch the light from the streetlights reflect in the streets.  I like the quiet of a rainy night.  And then I love to pollute my lungs with tobacco and nicotine as I take in the serenity. I live for the burn that will kill me.

I like to sit in the rain, and feel it on my face.  I close my eyes, and invite you to sit next to me, as our original home falls from the skies.  I've said this before, but it's always true.  Every time I think of you....  Every damn time...

You are smiling.

You see, our world is a mess.  We live in hate and anger and rage and bullets.  We fight oh so goddamn much, over things so goddamn trivial.  And we know this.
We live on a planet filled with men who want to rule you.  They want to keep you stupid, and poor, and sick.  They want to believe they only have your best interests in mind.  They want to make sure that as long as you are alive, you are placed in a position of submission.  They want you to do menial tasks, for very little compensation, and pay them back for the privilege.  They want you too busy to question.  Too angry to think.  To scared to fight back.

We live in a world of mixed messages.  Do this.  Don't do that.  This is inappropriate.  That is offensive.  You can say this, but not that, and  wear this but never that.  

Everything is sacred.
Nothing is sacred.
Someone might get their feelings hurt.
Someone might unfriend you on FB.
Someone might not want you in their club.

We live in a world of petty meanness.
Where we need to apologize for our opinions.
For the movies or music that entertains us...
simply because someone we like or respect...
or want to like or respect us...
might think those movies or music are stupid.

We all have to have opinions.
We all have to be right.
No one can simply enjoy something
without being questioned about it.

Every fucking person...
Is searching so fucking desperately...
for a pedastal to place themselves on.

And goddammit...
I'm here to kick pedastals.

And I'd love your company while doing it.

Like what you want.
Say what you want.
Feel what you want.
Wear what you want.
Learn, read, listen, watch, eat, play, pray, sing, dance, enjoy, spend, go, and fucking DO...
whatever the fuck you want.
And never say sorry.

We live on a planet, governed by chaos. We spin our fucking wheels every day trying to put a little bit of order into it.  We want to control the mess.  We yell and scream and condemn when we can't.

And like the great prophet John Lennon,
I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round.

I ask you
oh so gently
and quietly
and with my impish grin, splashed stupidly across my lopsided face...

Won't you dance with me?

I am a person to whom you will NEVER have to apologize.
I don't care if we don't share opinions...
or religions...
or gods, or monsters.
I don't care if we don't like the same music, or books, or movies.

I don't care about your guilt, or regret.
  I don't care if you think you're too fat, or too skinny.  
I don't care if your clothes came from Italy, or Walmart.

I just don't.

I know you have pain in you.  I know you do.
I know you have insecurities.
I know you have secrets.

I know you have contempt, and anger and hate too.
I know you get annoyed by all the little things.
I know you're tired.
I know you're stressed.  

I know that all too often, real life gets in the way of all those dreams you have.  All those hopes, and ambitions, and plans.

And for that I want your hand.
I want to take that pain, and stress.
I want your insecurities, and fear.
I want those voices in your head, that tell you 
You aren't good enough.
You aren't pretty enough.
You aren't clever enough.

Mostly
Oh so much mostly.
Very tip top of the mostly...

I want that voice in your head that tells you that you don't deserve...
love
or happiness...
or joy...

And I want you to dance with me in that rain.
And make that shit silent.
I want all of your lies to fall out of your bare feet
as we smile together under water and streetlights.

I want to show you the beauty in the chaos...
and the ridiculousness of all those voices...
and all those feelings...
and all those little fears

They are all so silly.

See cause here's the trick.

I don't have a Peter Pan complex.
I AM Peter Pan.

You probably think THAT's silly.
You probably don't believe me.

Whether you do, or do not is really inconsequential.
The fact is, I know the way to Neverland.
I can take you there.
You don't have to believe me...

You simply have to take my hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment