Thursday, November 1, 2012

Once more beneath the stars

I am haunted.

Today was overcast.  Mild.  Cool, but not cold.  There was no sunlight.  Just clouds.  All day.  It was perfect.

I walked through memories.

I saw the world's most beautiful ghost, everywhere I looked.  She walked with me, and tried to offer me her hand, but when I reached for it, my hand continued, unobstructed, with forward momentum.

So did my feet.

I find I'm often touching her.

I'm building portals, to cross dimensions, just to see her.

It doesn't work of course.

I pass through a void.  Often.  Intentionally.

I pass the places previously occupied, now silent.

I wonder how long this will last, and hope its forever.

I'm quite certain, in its own way, it will be.

It's just a thing.
A phase.
A fancy.

Or so they'll say.

A moment of glory turned memory.
Turned frozen.
Turned golden and green all at once.

Some nights there just aren't enough cigarettes.

There is simply not enough softness to simmer the savage beast.

The sound of her voice was enough.

She never knew that.

It was brief.
It was all so much unsaid.
It was everything in shorthand.

It was freedom in the length of a traffic light.

It was captured in a kiss, and released on the exhale.

Everything
and everything
and everything

and nothing at all.

All so much just lost in the wind now.

Divergence

a gleam
a glimmer
and a smile










No comments:

Post a Comment