Friday, January 25, 2013

Goat Fucking and Other Atrocious Acts


I don't think that goat fucking is inherently wrong.  I'd never do it myself, but I have no problem with those who choose to.

See here's the thing.  Goats don't have the same socially imbued attitudes towards sex that we do.  They don't have any moral hangups.  They aren't married.  They don't attach sex to sin, or corruption.  They don't attach sex to personal value.  The goat doesn't think it's "wrong".  You cannot steal a goats chastity.  You can't make it feel bad about itself.  You can't make it feel the need for a long cry in a hot shower afterwards. You can't fuck a goat, and expect the goat might possibly wake up the next morning with regret.

Now if a person is trying to fuck a goat, and the goat kicks him in the nuts, well...dude had it coming...for trying to fuck a goat, but if the goat doesn't have any objections...well...

I personally have never been drawn to any type of animal other than my own.  In fact as far as sexual attraction goes, I'm about as vanilla as they come.  Entirely members of my own species.  Almost but not quite entirely members of the opposite gender.  When you think about what a huge and diverse planet we live on, you begin to realize that I'm really limiting my options.  Truth is, I'm pretty okay with that.  On the other hand, who am I to judge those who decide to try new things?

Much like the goat, I personally have no hang ups about sex.  Well maybe just a couple.  I'll get to those in a minute.

First I'm going to go somewhere that may make you a little uncomfortable.  I opened with goat fucking intentionally.

It's the litmus test for the rest of this little blog.

If any of the goat fucking bit made you squirm.  Made you uncomfortable.  Made you angry.

STOP READING NOW!!!

Those old Greek bastards we look up to so much...you know, the thinkers and such, were a bunch of boy fuckers.  There was a relatively prevalent idea that women were for babies, and boys were for fun.  This was not a taboo.  In fact, it was commonly accepted, and to some degree...expected.  To our knowledge those pretty young things were not traumatized.  They were not scarred for life.  They were not shamed or shunned.

Of course if Old Man Socrates were to so brazenly try that in today's western culture, we might...I dunno...make him drink hemlock or something.

A decade or so ago...when I was in college, there was a young lad that roamed the hallways of the theatre department.  He was probably thirteen or fourteen, but certainly no older than that.  He was the son of one of the professors there, so he was around often.  He was also adorable.  You know, that hair...those eyes.  Just...well...pretty.  And charming to boot.  You kinda wanted to kick him, but you couldn't cause he was too damn sweet.

All the girls loved him.  I know for a fact my then wife harbored a little crush.  I also know for fact that many of the other girls in the department did as well.  It was a little bit funny, a little bit bizarre.  Now I can't say with any degree of certainty that the girls were fetishizing this kid.  I can't tell you that he had become some little boy toy sex object/fantasy.  But I can say that the girls were not entirely innocent either.

All fun and games right?  I mean, really...it was all harmless.  No one got hurt.

I can't imagine how different things would have been, if it would have been a 13 or 14 year old girl, and all the guys were acting...EXACTLY the same way the girls in the department acted.  I can guarantee it would not have been considered fun and games.

Oh boy.  Here we go.  Now we're getting there.  The part where you may actually change the way you feel about me.

I don't think it would have necessarily been wrong if one...or more...or any...or all of those girls had enjoyed every imaginable erotic pleasure with that kid.

Granted, he wasn't "The Age of Consent".
He was certainly capable of making a consentual decision.
I also don't think it would have necessarily made any of the girls a "sexual predator"
I don't think he would have been a victim.
I don't think they would have been criminals.

I also feel the same if all things considered, it was all reversed.

Since the time of Socrates and all of his boy buggering buddies, we have had about six thousand years of social conditioning.  We have attached certain attitudes (very strongly attached) toward sex.  We have associated it with religion.  With self esteem.  With power.  With personal value.  With shame.  With invented morality.  With a whole shit ton of things that our Greek forbearers never really considered.

In other words we've had six thousand years to become civilized.

We have a cultural problem.
There are a LOT of people who like to have sex with kids.
Men and women alike.
Boys and girls alike.

We need to address this problem.  We must if we are ever to solve it.  We absolutely HAVE to talk about it.  And I mean talk about it.  Not just condemn.  Not simply judge.  We need to get into the uncomfortable parts of it.  We need to stop closing our eyes, plugging our ears, and singing la la la la la.

It is NOT unnatural to be attracted to youth.  In fact...it is very VERY natural.

I feel I need to state here, that I'm not justifying anything.
I personally have about as much interest in having sex with a little kid, as I do in having sex a goat.  Which is to say... no interest at all.

But we have to start being honest.
We have created a blanket rule on how young is too young, but I think we have to admit that blanket has a LOT of holes in it.

I also have nieces and nephews.  If I ever knew of anyone hurting any of them, in any fashion, and I had the means and wherewithal, I would without hesitation visit grievous and bodily harm upon that person.  But we always say that don't we.  We always qualify it.  So allow me to not.  If I ever knew of anyone hurting ANY child, in any fashion, and I had the means and wherewithal, I would...well...you know where this is going.  But we always say that don't we.  We always qualify it.  So let me not.  If I saw anyone hurting ANYONE, in any fashion...and you know where it goes from there.

I don't know if there is an age of consent.  I know we've created one.  I don't know that having sex with someone beneath that age is necessarily wrong.  I don't have the same value/moral system as everyone else.  I ABSOLUTELY don't have the value/moral system that our government or religions tell me I'm supposed to have.

I know this.  Of all the things I've been told.  Of all the things I've been instructed.  Of all the things I've read.  The only REAL thing that I know to be wrong, truly know, deep down in my non existent soul, is to intentionally bring harm to another human being.  In any form.  Physical. Sexual. Psychological.  Even financial.

We have invented laws, and rules, and moral codes, and congratulated ourselves for being civilized because of them.

Those laws, rules and codes don't mean anything.
Each person will follow AND break them according to his own conscience and desires.  All of us...every single one of us, will pick and choose the ones we like, and don't like.

Laws do not make us civilized.
We are not at all civilized.
Unless we choose to be.

Civilization can only happen when we choose to live with each other, without harming each other...not because the laws make it so, but because we actually prefer to live that way of our own volition.

We must open the dialogue.
We HAVE to talk about the things that make us uncomfortable.
We need to stop condemning,,,and start exploring.
We need to ask questions.
We need to not be afraid of the answers.

I think we can be better...
but in order to become so...
we must be brave
we must be honest
we must

be.

Now if you'll excuse me...

I've got a goat to go not fuck.

4 comments:

  1. 8 or 9 years ago I did a play by the brilliant Edward Albee at SLAC called THE GOAT. My character not only has sex with a goat but is in love with the goat and believes the goat (Sylvia) is in love with him, too. The genius is that in this play Albee redefines infidelity and forces my character and the other characters to wrestle with what it is to be unfaithful without falling back on cliche and assumed reasons. Everyone has to really talk and fight it out. Great play and probably the best time I've ever had on stage.

    The weird thing is that at least twice a week during the 2-week run someone (one time a couple) would come up to me after the play while I was walking to my car (so they were waiting for me) to share that they knew 'friends' who had done the same thing. Maybe a sheep, a horse, a goat, a dog, etc... I always had to explain that I was only playing a part in the play and didn't really have any insight or comment.

    Yep, there are a lot of folks out there with proclivities that are a little off the norm. We've let the loud, pushy and powerful call the shots and make the rules leaving tons to do whatever under the radar.

    And that boy who roamed the halls back in your USU days? He was interested in more than a few of the GUYS in the department back then. He was welcome in the department, which he couldn't be in his high school. I always saw the issue of so many of the young women in the department having crushes on him as more a signal of their safe, chaste fantasies and not wanting to dip their toes (or whatever) into the messy world of physical sex. Once again the pushy, loud and powerful were calling the shots for their lives, too. Strange culture. I was always sad that so much was held back in them (both the females and the males) due to the constant barrage of guilt that was flung at them by their 'leaders' (and I don't mean other students). The potential that was lost due to the low self-esteem and trust in themselves. Tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: THE GOAT ran for 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first read THE GOAT when I lived in Vegas. I absolutely LOVE that play. I read it just after I directed Albee's PLAY ABOUT THE BABY, and then wished I could travel back in time so I could do THE GOAT instead. I am truly sorry I missed your performance. I've no doubt I would have loved it.

    When all that was going on with said young man in the theatre department, I was awestruck. I (much to my own shame considering how old I actually was) was just learning how to REALLY think for myself, and not simply process and regurgitate information. This was also the time I was really starting to let go of my own religion, and all of the attached hang ups.

    At the time, what struck me the most, was how if he was a she, and it was all of us guys fawning...there would probably be expellations, at best. I wasn't really put off by it, more intrigued really, and the cross dynamics of it all.

    It wasn't until even much later, that I started questioning the right/wrong aspects of it, regardless of who was doing what to (or not) to who.

    I agree that it is the loud and pushy that have set the standards, and the less loud and pushy, have kind of gone along with them. I'm also wondering, if maybe it isn't time that those of us who are not loud, and have no interest in pushing, start finding other ways to point out flaws in the previously unquestioned standards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My way of dealing with it was, finally, throwing up my hands and getting the hell out. :)

    ReplyDelete