Friday, January 4, 2013

Romance

We stood at the fence smoking our cigarettes.
Staring at the moon, full in her August cycle.

You told me of your scars,
and I envied your courage.

At some point I stopped hearing your words, and started hearing
your
language.

We were alone
on a planet filled
with a billion lonely people.

When you left,
you
never
looked back.

I've not since looked forward.

She slept
the elastic sun stretched over her body
in nets
and colors.

I tried to wear the sun too
but
it didn't fit me as well.

My eyes were burning
and you sang to me
laid down next to me
and told me to breathe.

I love you
you said.

I love you
for that lie.

Everything is temporary
Everything is a memory already
Or the fantasy of a future memory.

And now the fence
the pregnant August moon
the lonely planet

Are now my scars

And I still lack your courage.

We were entwined once
Our convictions
forced us to
un
entwine
do
love

We un'd everything

And now we are
a
canyon.

She took my hand
and kissed it
and held it to her cheek
her neck
her breast

and dropped it again

She stood behind me
in the shower

Her head against my shoulder

She wears sunlight
better than
artificial.

She lies next to me
naked
pressed against me
sleeping

I close my eyes
and see your face

She never had a chance

I feel the guilt of knowing that already
and letting her
be there anyways.

I'll be her scar later.

Like you are mine

Like he is yours

Like we all cut each other
and call it love

and memory

and life.




No comments:

Post a Comment