Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Midnight ramblings of an astral clown

I give my mind the liberty to follow the first wise or foolish idea that presents itself... My thoughts are my strumpets. - Denis Diderot

I don't judge you.  I love all the things about you.

I hate body shaming.  I hate that there is supposed to be some simple ideal of what we are supposed to look like.  Cookie cutter images of supposed beauty.  How boring.  You are not too big or too small.  You are not too fat or too skinny.  Regardless of how you may feel about yourself, I personally love how you fit perfectly into your own body.

I hate slut shaming.  Why must we make someone feel like less of a person for enjoying one of the best feelings they can possibly have, with whoever, however they choose.  Go to I say.  Live your life.  Share everything, however you want.  Whenever you want.  With whomever you want.  Make no apologies for your choices.  Even the bad ones.

I hate all shaming.  It is nothing more than infantile manipulation.  Forcing your code on another person.  Attempting to make them feel bad for following a path different than your own

I do not live with shame.  I live with mistakes.  I learn from them.  Sometimes.  Sometimes I make the same mistakes over again.  I can't say I've lived perfectly, but I can say I have lived.  I do not, I can not, I absolutely will not apologize to anyone for choosing my own path, based on how someone else thinks I should have walked it.  I will apologize for hurting someone, if I do, but that's something else entirely different isn't it.

New thought.  Sometimes my mind wanders like that.  I choose to let it.

I want to eat your fruit of knowledge.  Over and over and over again.  With every new person.  I want to know two things about you.  I want to know your what, and I want to know your why.  The who, when, where , and how are less important to me.  I want to take your hand, and dance in the garden of delights.  Where everything is eatable.  Edible.

I want to interpret this existence through your eyes, and sometimes...maybe...let you see through mine.  You see I'm a little bit selfish that way.  Guarded.  I'm a taker, its true.  I am not so much quid pro quo.  I may share if you want me to, but mostly I'm simply curious.  I'm also an enabler.  I am not an altruist.  I have no morals, but I am not amoral.  I love chaos, but I believe in balance, or would if I believed in anything.

I don't hope, but I am not hopeless.  I'm a dreamer, but I don't dream.  I love to breathe.  I love to share your air.  I love to learn the things about you that are so much more important than all the little things about you.

I'm patient to a fault.  I love the long seduction.  And the long con.  The payoff is always best when time is the investment.

I want your stories, and your secrets, and many other words beginning with the letter s.

I want your fears, and your dreams.

I want you to know that your anxiety is safe with me.  So is your other name.  I'd love to babysit your inner child.  I want to be friends with that demon inside you.  I want your light, and your darkness.  I want to find that place where you are split into pieces, and instead of trying to fix it...celebrate it.

You see it's our little faults that make us interesting.  All those things we are taught to hide, and fear, and be ashamed of, are the things that make us unique.  I will never judge you for the things that you judge in yourself.  I will love you for them.

The reason for all of this is simply my own personal experience.  There are a few people who I have shared all of these things with...and well...these are the people I'm closest to.  These are the ones I trust, and who trust me.

Mostly I want you to know that everything really IS ok.  It really is.  Is all the shit fucked up?  Of course it is.  Will it get worse???  Maybe.  It also gets better.

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. - Kurt Vonnegut

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Perfect. I like what you say about shame. So silly. When we are old and wrinkly I can only imagine we'll look back at pictures of our former selves and wonder why we were so hard on ourselves, when it comes to self image. I also think we'll only regret what we did NOT do. Everything is a lesson. The more we close off and close in, the unhappier we are. This post was beautiful, so poetic!

    ReplyDelete